The most widespread concern I hear throughout our district is “Jobs.” With high unemployment, it is our most critical issue.
Our region is a natural magnet for job creation because of its location and hard working citizens. The vast majority of our jobs come from locally owned small businesses. Better job opportunities will come as Georgia encourages the creation and growth of small businesses.
I know that demand for our goods and services are the only way to really increase job growth. There are no quick fixes to this issue (like increased spending by the federal government), but there are some actions we can take in Atlanta to put us on a path to prosperity so every Georgian who wants to work, can.
Our Economy has turned around some during the past six years. It has been tough on a lot of folks. Companies from the around the county and around the world are beginning to relocate to the south because of regulation, taxes, unions, etc. Let’s be ready for them and make it an easy decision to come.
Rick will be Pro-Business:
Rick has worked to ensure that our residents have the training and skills to work at our new businesses. Our investment in Technical colleges and other Higher Education has been a priority for Rick and the General Assembly. He was selected to be a member of the State’s Oversight Committee on Technical Education to make sure we meet the needs of Georgians.
- Rick will be a bold voice for small business development and lead the fight to stop frivolous lawsuits that choke our businesses.
- Rick will support legislation like Representative Graves’ Jobs Bill is the way our state should be addressing this problem by providing tax credits to businesses that hire the unemployed and by repealing the state tax on inventories.
- Rick will work to keep taxes low and manage our dollars with wisdom. Low taxes mean more money into the pockets of businesses and consumers. There will be more dollars that can be used by small businesses for investment and for more jobs for Georgians.
- Rick will work to develop more incentives for small businesses. These homegrown businesses and industries are the heart and soul of job creation in our region.
- Rick will work closely with Chambers of Commerce and Economic Development to recruit other businesses to our beautiful part of this state.
- Rick will work tirelessly to maintain our attractiveness to businesses by working to keep regulations to a minimum, utilities low, and a right-to-work environment for our workforce.
Going hand in hand with jobs and economic development is excellence in our education system. We have great school systems, technical colleges, and traditional colleges in our area. You know I will work to continue to build a world-class education system in Georgia.
If you have ideas or other ways you think we can make the 11th District the place to start a business or expand a current one, please give me a call at 770-893-2039 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org